Business Plan Competition
Who can compete
- Students can enter the competition individually or form teams
- The team leader must be an enrolled student at any college or school at OSU
- The business submissions must be the team’s own original work and ideas
The School of Entrepreneurship will work with you to enhance your business plan.
- A business plan lab and mentoring from our experienced faculty
- Online resources for preparing financial statements
- Special sessions with accounting and law firms that have partnered with OSU
- Access to a video library of former business plan presentations
The top three competition winners – those who represent the best potential for growth and for attracting outside financing – will receive prize money. Additional $1000 prizes are also awarded for the best technology-based venture – supported by the OSU Office of Research and Technology Transfer – and for the best social venture.
The plans must be successfully presented to a panel of judges. The rules section of this website covers specifics about the competition. The Riata Business Plan Competition semi-finals, which will consist of the top 16 entrants, will be held on Friday, April 19. The top four teams will compete in the finals, which will be held on Saturday, April 20, in the Spears School of Business auditorium. These events are open to the public.